APDCAM is the smallest member of the APDCAM family of devices from Fusion Instruments.
APDCAM uses a single Hamamatsu S8550 4×8 pixel Avalanche Photodiode (APD) array or two 4×4 Hamamatsu MPPC arrays where all 32 pixels have their individual low noise analog amplifiers and digitizers. The output data is sent over a Gigabit Ethernet connection which is also used for control from the computer. The common 200-400 V detector bias voltage is generated in APDCAM, this way the detector gain can be set from the computer. For stable gain the detector temperature is regulated by a Peltier cooler/heater to a set point +- 15 degrees from ambient temperature. An electromechanical shutter and built-in calibration light helps in the practical setup and operation of the device.
- 32 pixels in 4×8 matrix, individual low noise amplifiers and ADCs for each pixel.
- Hamamatsu S8550 detector, 1.6×1.6 mm pixel size, 2.3 mm pixel pitch or two Hamamatsu S13361-2050 MPPC arrays with 2×2 mm pixel size and 2.2 mm pitch.
- Quantum efficiency max. 85% (APD, in red), 40% (MPPC in green)
- Micro-lens array for detector (for APD, optional).
- Detector gain: 2-50 for APD, 107 for MPPC, adjustable by detector bias voltage.
- Detector temperature control ±15 degrees from ambient.
- Analog bandwidth DC to 0.1-1 MHz (order parameter).
- Typical noise equivalent photon flux 2-5 10^7 photon/s
(APD, depending on analog amplifier settings)
- 14 bit ADC, direct data transfer to PC memory.
- Individual pixel enable, resampling, digital filter in camera.
- 2 Ms/s sustained transfer rate with all pixels active, max. 10 MHz with reduced number of pixels.
- Variety of triggering options: software, external trigger, internal level (adjustable per pixel), post trigger
- External or internal clock reference
- Overload protection capability
- Adjustable level calibation light
- Electromechanical shutter, F-mount optical interface (other options are possible)
- Gigabit Ethernet connection to PC (UTP or optical fibre)
- C language Software Development Kit (Windows/Linux)
- Size: 36x16x19 cm
- Weight: 6.7 kg
APDCAM User’s guide: PDF
APDCAM Application Programming Interface (API) version 2.3.2
C language library for Windows and Linux containing a low level and a high level set of routines.
APDTest is a scriptable program which can perform most important functions in an easy way. The script can be written from any program and APDTest can be called with the script file to perform the required actions.
API and APDTest documentation: PDF
A PDTest and API version 2.2.3 (Linux and Windows version).
APDCAM Control is a multi-platform program, which was developed to provide a user friendly interface to control all functionality of the APDCAM camera. The program is available to Windows and Linux operating systems
APDCAM Control documentation: PDF
APDCAM Control (Version 1.2.1). Download the latest Windows version as zipped file.
For any further questions on the software please contact the support (at ) fusioninstruments.com